If you do a quick Web scan or ask a random handful of people, you’ll receive multiple conflicting answers as to whether content marketing – an integrated marketing strategy involving creating and sharing relevant, customized and insightful copy – is all that it’s cracked up to be. As if existing statistics (such as the fact that 91 percent of B2B marketers currently leverage content marketing strategies and 66 percent of brands say that branded content marketing has become “very important”) weren’t enough, a brand new infographic brings us a slew of statistics that are hot out of the oven. All of them point to the fact that content marketing is a must-have for any business’ customer engagement strategy.
The infographic, released by Yahoo Advertising Solutions just yesterday, most notably reveals that 78 percent of CMOs believe that custom content is the future of marketing. We challenge you to read through the below information and then say that content marketing is not here to stay.
By the numbers:
- $118 billion: Amount of money forecast to be spent on content marketing, video marketing and social media this year
- 25: Percent of marketers’ budgets spent strictly on content marketing
- 434: Percent of more indexed pages that blogs give websites
- 67: Percent of more leads B2B companies experience per month when they blog
- 42: Percent of companies’ budgets spent on producing content if they have less than 10 employees
- 80: Percent of all U.S. Internet users that social media and blogs reach
- 90: Percent of organizations that market with content
- 78: Percent of consumers who feel that businesses that produce good content are more interested in building better relationships
- 58: Percent of consumers who trust editorial content
At this point, we should be resting our case. But if you still have trepidations about the concept of content marketing, remember that 90 percent of consumers find custom content useful. The lesson to be learned today: Content marketing is mandatory to propel business forward.