Today officially kicks off the first day of ITEXPO 2014, and the excitement and energy are palpable. Attendees are flooding registration to collect their badges; the TMC team is running around feverishly to make sure opening day sessions—including the Smart Voice Conference and M2M Evolution—go off without a hitch; and Editor’s Day is in full swing as the Content Boost and TMCnet editors meet with various companies to hear their unique company stories.
If you’re already in Vegas and looking to take advantage of each and every minute, I hope you will join me as I lead our Content Boost-sponsored content marketing workshops, taking place today from 2:30-5 pm PT. Here’s a look at the lineup for today’s sessions:
- “Content Marketing 101: Back to the Basics” (2:30-3 pm)
- “Getting the Boss to Say ‘Yes’ to Content Marketing” (3:30-4 pm)
- “I Got the Content Marketing ‘Yes’: So, How do I Get Started?” (4:30-5 pm)
The goal of these sessions is simple: for participants to leave each with a better understanding of the avant-garde marketing tactic that is content marketing. Each workshop is geared toward where you are at in the content marketing adoption phase.
For instance, if you are struggling to even define the term, the first workshop is for you. We will be going over the very basics of content marketing, including its definition, its inherent benefits and its proven use cases. You will leave the session with the knowledge to help you speak more intelligently on the topic.
If you’ve already received executive buy-in to launch a content marketing strategy within your corporation, then the final session of the day may be of greater interest. At the end of the day, we will explore the very first steps you need to take when launching a content marketing strategy—from completing competitive analysis to identifying your overall objectives to outlining the vehicles you will leverage to disseminate your brand message.
Each session will be held in a town hall-like format, meaning we will take questions as they come and keep the workshops centered upon open discussion throughout.
Here’s a teaser of some of the riveting content marketing statistics we will be highlighting:
- 93 percent of B2B and 90 percent of B2C marketers are leveraging content marketing in 2014; 70% of marketers plan to increase their content marketing investment in 2014.
- Content marketing yields ROI. Specifically, content marketing produces three times more leads per each dollar spent; companies that blog at least 15 times per month get five times more traffic than companies that don’t; and 66 percent of online consumers state an email marketing message has resulted in a purchase.
- Only 42 percent of B2B and 34 percent of B2C marketers think they are effective at content marketing.
Whether you are a content marketing newbie or a confident veteran, these workshops will have something for everyone. I hope to see you there!
If you are not joining us until later this week in Vegas, don’t forget to stop by our special content marketing keynote presentation taking place Thursday, August 14, at 8 am. The panel discussion, titled “Be All in with Content Marketing,” features the following panelists: Gary Foisy, senior director of marketing at Atrion; Lance Fried, senior vice president of social and mobile applications at Five9; and Lauralie Lee Ezra, founder of Crowd Siren. I will also be speaking on the panel and our very own managing content producer, Allison Boccamazzo, will be moderating.
See you in sunny Vegas!