Instead of cursing February 14th, we at Content Boost decided to embrace Cupid’s romantic holiday and share with you a roundup of the top five reasons to fall in love with content marketing. So without further adieu, let’s get started.
1. Increase Customer Engagement: Getting the attention of today’s consumers is nearly impossible, not to mention how difficult it is to keep their attention once you have it. With content marketing, engaging with customers and building long-lasting relationships is made easy. In fact, 68 percent of consumers spend time reading content from a brand they are interested in and 61 percent of consumers say they feel better about and are more likely to buy from a company that delivers custom content, according to data aggregated by ExactTarget.
2. Boost SEO: With Google’s slew of zoo animals now in the picture, it’s become increasingly difficult to rank favorably in search engine results. Content marketing is a cheap and easy way to improve SEO as search engines are on the lookout for high quality content that’s valuable and shareable via social media.
3. Establish Thought Leadership: Today’s consumers don’t open their wallets to just anyone. They want a thought leader who’s cutting edge and knowledgeable. But how do you establish thought leadership amongst a crowd of like-minded businesses? Creating a thought provoking blog shows consumers and other leaders in your respective space that you’re ahead of the curve as opposed to being a follower.
4. Build Trust: Gaining the trust of consumers is challenging. However, by continuously interacting with consumers and reassuring them that you understand their biggest challenges and pain points you can start to slowly build trust. Good content marketing helps consumers rather than sells to them.
5. Cut Costs: If the above reasons are not enough to get you to fall in love with content marketing, its cost saving capabilities certainly are. Instead of pooling all of your marketing dollars to spend on one billboard, why not use half the money to build out a blogging platform or social media campaign that will practically pay for itself?
These are just a few of the reasons why we fell in love with content marketing. Tell us… why do you love this all-star marketing strategy?